The Painted Parakeet (Pyrrhura picta) is a species of bird in the Psittacidae family, the true parrots. It is found in the Guianas, and most regions of the Amazon Basin, except the northwest Basin in Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, French Guiana, Guyana, Peru, Suriname, and Venezuela; also locales of Panama in Central America. Its natural habitats are subtropical or tropical moist lowland forests and subtropical or tropical moist montanes.
- BirdLife International 2004. Pyrrhura picta. 2006 IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Downloaded on 24 July 2007.
- Painted Parakeet videos on the Internet Bird Collection
- Stamps (for Suriname) with RangeMap
- Painted Parakeet photo gallery VIREO
- Photo-High Res; Article pdubois"?"Coté Nature"
This article relating to parrots is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.